Home » About Us » FAQs

Do you provide services only for Presbyterians?

Not at all –we are working to provide a better life for everyone through our services, regardless of people’s religious beliefs.

Donations: How will I know where my money is going?

We will communicate with you regularly about how your donations are helping to make a difference. You can also subscribe to our newsletter. Our annual report is available on our PSN website.

Donations: How long do I need to give for?

As long as you are able. We understand that your financial position may change at any time. You can make a one-off donation or become a regular donor.

Do I get a tax receipt?

If you have made a one-off donation, you will receive a tax receipt as soon as the payment is processed. For regular donations, you will receive a receipt for the total combined amount at the end of the tax year.

Who can I speak to about my donation?

If you want to speak to someone about your donations, contact us. We’re very grateful for your support. You are helping us make such a difference to our New Zealand communities.

Are you a carer and need some support?

If you’re caring for a loved one, we can give you a short-term break through respite care.

Read more >

What sort of training do your support workers have?

Our support workers receive comprehensive induction and ongoing training, and are either working towards or already have NZQA qualifications in home and community support. Many undertake extra training to support those with dementia, spinal injuries, or traumatic brain injury. Support workers are supervised by health professionals who act as service coordinators.

Do I have to pay for the service?

Enliven services are usually free if you have been referred from ACC, your local district health board or Disability Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) agency.

A guide for eligible public funded health services can be found here.

If you’re not eligible for public funding, you can choose to pay for Enliven services privately. You can also add to your funded services if you would like extra support.

To discuss your options, contact your local Enliven office here.

Do you have staff available in my location?

Enliven services are available in greater Auckland (North, West, Central and South), Waikato, Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, Rotorua and Taupo, but not all services are available in every area. To check what’s offered in your community, visit our service centres page.

Will your staff speak my native language?

We will do our best to match you with a support worker who speaks your language or comes from the same cultural background. Please let us know how we can meet your language or cultural needs when you first talk to one of our service coordinators about your support plan.

Do you have to be a Presbyterian/Christian to receive your services?

Not at all – we provide services regardless of your religious beliefs. All our staff are trained to provide support that helps you achieve your agreed goals and respects your social, emotional and cultural needs as well as your practical everyday requirements.

Do you have rest homes or private hospitals?

Enliven does not own or manage any rest homes or private hospitals in the upper half of the North Island. Our services are designed to maximise your independence and support you to remain in your own home, stay healthy and keep connected with your local community. Visit the national website to find out more about Enliven rest homes and private hospitals in other parts of the country.

What ages do you provide support for?

All ages – from babies and young children with disabilities or injuries through to older people over 65.

What should I do if I want to make a complaint or compliment?

We want to continually improve the services we provide, so we’re happy to receive your feedback. Please contact your local Enliven office with any complaints or compliments. You can find the contact details here.