Real choices for your support
Managing your own disability support services?
Enhanced Individualised funding (EIF) is a way of paying for disability support services. It allows you to organise your own support in the way that works best for you. Enliven can help you set up and manage your home support services to a level that suits you, whether that’s dealing with the paperwork, full payroll or help with recruiting staff.
If you’re not eligible for Enhanced Individualised Funding, please visit our Individualised Funding page to see if you are eligible for that service instead.
Enhanced Individualised funding lets you:
- choose your own support staff
- manage payment and other employment aspects for your staff
- organise the service at times that suit you.
Enhanced Individualised funding covers:
- personal care
- support for household tasks including shopping
- community involvement
- Funded Family Care/ Resident Family Carer
- respite care
- items required to support your disability
Specific criteria for receiving Enhanced Individualised Funding
1. The support helps people live their life or makes their life better by
- having good relationships
- maintaining or improving skills
- being able to do everyday activities at home or in the community
- supporting family/whanau to continue their caring roles
- being able to live in a home of the person’s own choice
2. It is a disability support if
- it is only needed because the person is living with a disability and/or
- costs more than if the person was not living with a disability and/or
- is an addition to or complements the goods and/or services the person would need if they were not living with a disability
3. The support is reasonable and cost-effective
- cost-effective means the best available outcomes for the money spent
- the support should cost about the same or less than the market price for comparable things
- it might cost more than another type of support but will help the person more, it will last longer or mean that less is spent on another support now or in the future
4. The support is not subject to limit or exclusion if you are receiving
- the disability allowance
- grants, charitable donations
- equipment funded by the Ministry of Education (MOE) or local District Health Board (DHB)
- transport allowance (e.g. Total Mobility transport scheme)
Where to start:
- Your needs should be assessed by a disability needs assessment service coordination agency (NASC).
- Contact us on 0800 IFENLIVEN (0800 433 654 836)
- Enliven will help you choose a level of support that best suits your needs and skills.
- Enliven will work with you to develop an individual support plan and contingency plan.
- You stay in control and make your own decisions throughout the process.
Enhanced Individualised funding forms free to download
0800 IF ENLIVEN (0800 433 654 836)
“Enliven gave me supportive information to be able to make my own decisions.”