Resident Family Support (Family Funded Care)

Home » What We Do » Resident Family Support (Family Funded Care)
June 29, 2020


Real choices for your support

Family Funded Care has changed it’s name to Resident Family Support

To be able to hire a resident family carer you will need to meet the following criteria:

  • It is available to people living with disabilities who have had their needs assessed as Very High or High Needs by your Needs Assessment service
  • You can employ a family member who lives in the same house as you, including partners and spouses. The worker must be aged over 16
  • It is available now for people living with disabilities of all ages who have been identified as have very high or high support needs by the NASC
  • It can be used for Personal care and Household Management support services

One or more family members can be paid and it is usually for the average weekly hours that have been allocated.

If a person living with disabilities has more than 40 hours support a week they can employ another person to provide the extra hours of support.

If you meet the criteria you can manage this funding through Individualised Funding with Enliven, or apply for a family member to be employed through Enliven.  Please discuss this with your NASC or Enliven –

email: or telephone: 0800 433 654 836

“Enliven gave me supportive information to be able to make my own decisions.”